Do I need a driving license to drive on Thai roads?
Yes. You need a valid driving license. This applies to cars, motorcycles, and motorbikes even those with a small capacity.

Which driving license is valid in Thailand?
-Thai driving license (link how to obtain Thai driving license)
-International Driving Permit (IDP)
-A valid foreign driving license issued in your home country. It must be in English or accompanied by an official translation to English (applies to countries with a signed agreement from 1949 Geneva Convention on Road Traffic or the 1968 Vienna Convention on Road Traffic.

However, the best way to be sure how it works for your country is to contact your embassy or consulate for advice.

Can I rent a motorbike without driving license?
If you have never driven a scooter, don’t go renting one in Thailand to “learn”. If you rent a vehicle without a valid driving license, you do it at your own risk and put yourself and others in danger. During a car or motorcycle accident, without a legal driving permit, things may turn out unfavorably and in the worst case, you violate the insurance agreement.


Are the motorbikes insured?
All of our motorbikes have medical insurance included free of charge. It covers all road accident victims including the driver, passenger, a third party who suffered bodily injury, health harm, and death but not including property damage. However, it’s quite basic and will not cover the whole cost of treatment in case of serious injuries. That is why you need to have a comprehensive travel insurance.

Be careful as the insurance company refunds cost only if you have the proper driving license for motorbikes.

What is preliminary and maximum compensation?
For details about insurance please check directly at the source, on insurance company website:

What if I damage a motorbike?
All bikes are delivered in good technical condition and are checked over with you. It is your responsibility to return the bike in the same condition as it was delivered to you. In case of a damage repair costs are very inexpensive but you will be asked to reimburse us for any damage while in your care. We never charge you any more than is necessary for any damage incurred.

Is there any insurance for property damage?
Our motorbikes have health insurance for drivers, passengers and third parties in the event of an accident. However, we often meet with questions about property damage insurance. We highly recommend to buy proper travel insurance in your home country. Please make sure that it will cover you in event of road accident. However, if you don’t have valid license in the country where the accident happened, you are riding illegally and you are not covered. That also includes not wearing a helmet and riding under the influence of drink or drugs.


When should I pay a deposit and when it is returned?
We collect a deposit in cash whenever we deliver a motor. The deposit is refunded if you return the motorcycle in the same condition as you received it. You always receive confirmation of cash deposit paid. This is part of the contract signed when the motorcycle was delivered.

What currency should I pay the deposit?
We accept Thai Baht (THB), US Dollar, British Pound (GBP) and Euro. We return the deposit in the same currency as it was paid.

What currency can I pay for renting a motorbike?
During online payment (by credit card) we charge in United States Dollars – USD. If you prefer payment in cash after arrival to the Island, we charge in local Thai currency – THB.

Is it safe to pay by credit card?
Yes this is very safe.

We are using PCI Compliant credit card gateways powered by world-renowned providers PayPal. None of our staff can see your credit card details because they are safely stored in the PCI Compliant credit card vaults by our providers and transferred using encrypted SSL connections. For each transaction you do with us you will receive an automatic confirmation by e-mail. PayPal allows you to claim your transaction.


How to open a seat in a motorbike?
In most of our motorbikes to open a seat, you need to insert the ignition key and turn it to the position of ‘‘OPEN” or “SEAT/FUEL” depending on the model of motorbike. Then you need to push the ‘‘SEAT’’ button and open the seat.
honda pcx

Which type of petrol should I use in the motorbike and where should I buy it?
To refuel the motorbike, please use gasoline 91 or 95. You will get it at every gas station and from street vendors in … whiskey/vodka bottles. This is not a joke 🙂

Where can I park?
You can park at the side of all roads except where there are red and white or yellow and white stripes on the curb.